TO CAUSE TO SUCCEED
WELCOME TO CHARTERHOUSE
Charterhouse is a unique, independent, co-educational school of the finest tradition in private education. From the humble beginnings of the Pre-Primary School in 1976, Charterhouse School today incorporates three distinct campuses: Pre-Primary, Junior Primary, and Senior Primary.
Charterhouse School nestles on 18 acres of meandering pathways, gardens, trees, and thatched areas. Within a nurturing, spirited environment of excellence, Charterhouse commits to building the life of a child, “to cause to succeed.”
Charterhouse reaches out, enables, and prepares a child for the widening world.
- Happy children who are enthusiastic about every aspect of their school day.
- Confident, capable children who rank amongst the top achievers, leaders and sport participants in high school.
- Past pupils and parents who regularly come back and visit their preparatory school.
- Olympiad participants.
- Representation on the Johannesburg Mini Council.
- Above average worldwide scores in the Grade 6 English, Maths, and Science Cambridge Checkpoint exams.
- Commendable Bronze and Outstanding Silver IEB certificates.
- IEB certificates of Honour, certificates of Higher Distinction, and certificates of Distinction.
- District soccer selection, Southerns hockey selection, Inter-provincial indoor hockey selection, and regional swimming selection.
- Provincial selection for various dance and gymnastic styles.
PRE-PRIMARY AFTERCARE: The Pre- Primary Aftercare hours are from 13h30 – 17h30 and it operates within the school grounds. A daily programme is followed which includes – a lunch time, a story time and a fun activity is included twice a week. The children get time at the end of the day to wind down by relaxing in the aftercare centre where their moms and dads can collect them. Please contact Pre-Primary Aftercare on: 011 475 4185
PREPARATORY AFTERCARE: Aftercare Staff facilitate two prep hours. Children who have attended extra murals and sport will have additional time from 16:00 – 17:00 in the Aftercare Centre.
At Aftercare, we have an open door policy. If you have any enquiry regarding aftercare, please contact Mrs Ada Venter on 084 082 1434 or on the Aftercare Direct number 011 021 8798, or you are welcome to send an email to email@example.com. Aftercare Staff are available from 13:00 – 17:30 daily.
Welcoming classrooms, specialist art rooms, a science laboratory, Junior and Senior computer centres, music rooms, a library, and school hall are just a few examples of the facilities that Charterhouse boasts.
There are also four tennis/netball courts, two hockey/soccer/cricket fields, cricket nets, a softball area, karate dojo, two swimming pools (one of which is a small “just learning to swim “facility), outdoor chessboard, Footprints garden, a Sensory garden, and the Aftercare Centre. A small tuck-shop, therapist rooms, and a quaint school house for meetings and other ‘get-togethers’are also available.
HISTORY AND TRADITIONS
Traditions are part and parcel of every private school. Traditions are woven into the fabric of Charterhouse School. Our school traditions ensure that Charterhouse is a living entity of powerful, lasting teaching moments and inspiring achievements.
OUR TRADITIONS INCLUDE:
Our uniform: striped blazer, boaters, and caps.
“Manners maketh man”
The bagpipes that accompany our Grade 4s on their Short Walk to Senior Primary.
The bagpipes that accompany our Grade 7 children on their Long Walk from Honours Evening at year end.
The Grade 1 champagne breakfast under the trees.
Flags Down at term end.
Click the below links for further information
We are delighted that you are considering Charterhouse. Please follow the steps for admission.
With Charterhouse being a school of choice, please familiarise yourself with our Admissions Policy.
Situated on 18 acres of meandering pathways, gardens, trees and thatched areas.
10 Erasmus Road, Radiokop, Honeydew, 2040 (cnr Christiaan De Wet & Erasmus Rds)
Postnet Suite 382 Honeydew 2040
- Pre-Primary School Tel: (011) 475 4185
- Preparatory School Tel: (011) 475 6809 / (072) 537 1178